- 2 roast chickens (from the deli)
- 1 onion, chopped
- drizzle oil
- 5 or 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger (fresh), grated
- 2 tsp curry paste or powder
- 2-3 cups vegetables (firm, such as carrots, cauliflower, peppers or sweet potatoes)
- 2-3 cups vegetables (fragile, such as peas, asparagus, spinach or chard)
- 2 cans (14-oz/398 ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup salsa
- to taste salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Remove meat from 2 deli roast chickens (reserve the legs for dinner) and chop or shred it.
- In a large, heavy skillet, sauté a chopped onion in a drizzle of oil until soft; add 5-6 crushed cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger and 2 tsp curry paste or powder; cook for another minute.
- Add 2-3 cups chopped firm veggies, such as carrots, cauliflower, peppers or sweet potato.
- Cook for a few minutes, then add two 14-oz (398-mL) cans coconut milk and 1 cup salsa and bring to a simmer.
- Add 2-3 cups fragile veggies, such as peas, asparagus, spinach or chard.
- Cook until veggies are just tender, add salt and pepper and adjust the seasonings, then stir in the chicken.
- Cool and freeze. Makes about 15 servings.
To reheat: Thaw in the fridge, or place directly from the freezer into a saucepan set over medium heat.