- 4 Co-op Perfect Pork, thick cut centre chops (boneless)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- fresh berries (strawberries or blueberries)
How to Make It
A gastrique is simple to make, and it's sure to convince people you’ve got some serious culinary chops.
- Grill pork chops to your preference. Let them rest while you whip up a quick gastrique.
To make gastrique:
- Start with a 1/2 cup of sherry vinegar (or other fruit vinegar) combined with a 1/4 cup of honey and a sliced strawberry or 3 or 4 blueberries.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently until the liquid has reduced to the consistency of maple syrup – thick enough to cling to a spoon.
- Spoon out the fruit and stir in a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Spoon warm gastrique over your perfectly grilled Co-op Perfect Pork Chops.