- 4 thick bacon slices, chopped
- 1/4 purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pkg Calgary Co-op zucchini noodles
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp half & half or whipping cream
- freshly grated Parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make It
- Set a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat and cook the bacon until crisp; remove to a plate with a slotted spoon, leaving the drippings.
- Cook the onion for 1-2 minutes, until soft, then add the zucchini noodles and toss for about 2 minutes, until they’re just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the egg and cream with a fork.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the egg mixture overtop; quickly toss with tongs to cook the egg through and create a sauce with the heat of the pan and noodles.
- Return the bacon to the pan, add a generous amount of Parmesan and a big pinch of pepper as you toss it all together.
- Serve immediately, topped with extra Parmesan. Serves 2 as a main dish, 4 as a side.
There are more great recipe ideas that incorporate veggie noodles!
Bread & Butter Zucchini Pickles
Butternut Squash Noodles with Spinach & Mushrooms
Veggie Slaw with Peanut Sauce
Zucchini Noodle Parmesan
Sweet Potato Latkes